Thursday, July 07, 2005



You probably know about the bombings in London, so I won't go into to it too much. I know London is an ocean away but I get a little creeped out when things like this happen...I use the public transport everyday, most of the time I am on the phone with my gf or I am doing a crossword puzzle or staring out the window...the last thing I am thinking about is whether things are gonna blow up. *sigh* We were in NYC this weekend and I am amazed how easily this shit can happen here. Anyone can leave a backpack or bag under a seat and set if off (like they did in Spain). After the bombings there, I got a little nervous riding the metro. But I get more nervous when I see armed guards in the metro stations. Sometimes I have to put things into perspective. The odds are greater of dying from a venomous plant or insect (1 in 49,013) than a terrorist attack (1 in 88,000) . Great, another thing to worry about...

1 comment:

opal said...

I know what you mean. It just brings home how vulnerable we all are. When Verona was doing a lot of business travel I was a wreck every time she got on a plane, even though I knew that the chances of another attack were slim to none.

I wish there were more justice and peace in this world.