Tuesday, August 16, 2005

a weekend in san anto...

I spent a nice weekend in san antonio with my gf and my buddies. When I'm visiting SA I do three things...1) eat breakfast tacos 2)have a laugh over drinks with Mike and Brad 3) spend quality time with my girl...ahh, I am satisified. I got to see my old apartment. A friend of a friend bought the entire building and converted the downstairs apartment into his hair salon, and turned my old apartment into his home space. I spent 10 years in that apartment, lots of good times in that place. I am glad he gave it a face lift (as gay men are apt to do). I was touched that he wanted to show it to me, he said he wanted my blessing. I wish him many happy years there.
We took a drive around town Saturday night to take pictures, you can find them on my flickr site. As we were driving around town, taking in the lights, listening to the faint accordian music on the radio, it brought me back to my college days...memories of midnight drives and laughter, visits with friends and late night phone calls, drag pagents and barhopping, kisses and glances over conversation. I think I would be a different person if I stayed in Chicago (that's where I am from), perhaps a little ruder, a little more cynical (can i be anymore cynical?). My visits there make me long for it more than I thought. Life there is a little less hectic. And to be honest, it's nice to be surrounded by raza all the time.

I read opal's account of her visit to Crawford to support Cindy Sheehan. Opal also has photos from Camp Casey. I think her protest is brilliant as she personalized the effects of war. Her demading an audience with Bush puts him on the defensive. He's screwed if he sees her and screwed if doesn't. I saw fewer yellow stickers on cars, did they fall off on their own? Less than half of americans approve of Bush's handling of anything. People are angry but don't know what to do. I think Sheehan is on the right track. Force them to be accountable for what they have done.

Picture of the day...
la morenita

5 comments:

DeCoMpOsEd said...

beautiful picture... i agree hes screwed if he does and screwed if he doesnt... im so glad.. i read that some of the people down there (bush supporters) were driving over crosses the protestors had set up as a memorial for their love ones... some people have no respect at all

opal said...

I'm sorry I missed you over the weekend --- you know what I was up to!

Dulce said...

causing a ruckus in crawford! ;)

Anonymous said...

Internet scam update and assorted blogbits
Here's some more from the Consumer Action Blog at http:// blogs.mercury news.com/ consumer actionline.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a algaecides site/blog. It pretty much covers
algaecides related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Dulce said...

the spammers are desperate...